I’ve worked in and written broadly and deeply in this industry, also specializing in technology from sensors to ERP.
- “Anatomy of a rapid EDI implementation” was one form of a story I created for SaaS supply chain software firm Nulogy, which ran in Food Logistics and Food Engineering magazines, featuring a leading pet-food brand and its co-pack partner.
- “How will your brands manage outsourcing in five years?” is a feature on brand outsourcing strategy with insights from a panel of veterans of major brands. (Contract Packaging magazine)
- “Predictive Analytics Helping CPGs Reach Individual Consumers,” written for FoodOnline, tracked leading food and CPG analytics, aided by Big Data to crack the code of targeting individual consumers. (FoodOnline)
- Packaging World’s Food Safety Playbook is a uniquely targeted resource for helping food packagers with compliance. I wrote and managed, from the 100-plus e-book to the landing pages to repurposed content used in multiple news, features and e-marketing campaigns.
- “Software Puts Your Plant on Fast-Forward:” Software that “lets you ‘TiVo’ your process?” Johnsonville Sausage’s ERP-to-plant data connectivity tools and tricks? And more. (Food Processing)
- Chocolate, nuts and co-packing success: A profile of $6.7-billion confectionery co-packer Warrell Corp., and its leader, Pat Huffman. (Food Processing)
- Done deal — The economics and cost/benefits of used equipment, which benefit both buyers and sellers in a tight-margin business. (Food Processing)
I’ve covered similar topics and have been operations from food to petro/chemical, pharma, consumer electronics, automotive and other industries. Got a question? Ask!